PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff : Check The List Here – https://www.ptu.ac.in

By | October 6, 2016

PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff

PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff : Admissions in PTU Jalandhar and its affiliated colleges will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2017. 85% of the seats will be allotted to the candidates from Punjab whereas the rest, 15% of the seats will be allotted to the candidates from outside Punjab. To decide the merit for selection, JEE Main 2017 AIR and score will be considered. Since the number of seats is limited for allotment in comparison to the number of applying candidates, PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff will be applied as a selection parameter. PTU will set a score or rank as cutoff and only those candidates will be selected for counselling or allotment, which cross the cutoff. Another purpose of application of cutoff is to select the best lot for allotment. This way, the quality of candidates in the university and its affiliated colleges is maintained. Keep reading the following article for detailed information on PTU Cutoff 2017.

Application of PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff

Based on various factors such as – number of candidates, reservation norms, the number of seats for allotment, the average score of the applying candidates, last year admission and cutoff trends, PTU will set a cutoff. The cutoff will be applied in the form of a JEE Main 2017 Rank/ Score. The candidates who are able to score rank equal to or higher than the cutoff will be called for counselling or seat allotment, as the stage of admission process will govern.

Rest of the candidates who fail to score sufficiently will be rejected from further participation in the admission process. The candidates selected after screening through PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff will be eligible for counselling. They shall mark the options of colleges and courses in the decreasing order of preference for allotment. The preferred choice of college and course will be on the top of the list of marked options. It is suggested to mark as many choices as possible, to increase the chances of allotment.

Thereafter, the university will allot seats to the candidates after comparing their rank with the opening and closing cutoff rank of various participating colleges. Higher rank means higher chances of the desired allotment. PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff is expected to be nominally on the higher side of the cutoff from the previous year. Since each college will have its own opening and closing cutoff, it is necessary for the candidate to score sufficient rank or score to get allotted in the college of his desire.

The opening and closing cutoff of a college depend on the number of seats, a number of candidates applying for it in the counselling round, and the average, highest, and lowest score of those candidates. Declaration of the cutoff will be made after the applications are received. Counselling will be done as per various rank ranges of the candidates. For allotment, preference will be given to the candidate with higher rank in the merit list or in other words, with the greater difference between his score and the PTU B.Tech 2017 Cutoff.

Click Here – To Check PTU B.Tech Cutoff for 2016-17

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *