KVPY 2016: ‘Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana’ (KVPY) is a program started by the Department of Science and Technology(DST),to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science. The KVPY 2016 Online application form has begun from today 18 July 2016 and will end on 30 August 2016. Application for KVPY 2016 must be done online only. Earlier, the application form was supposed to start from 10 July 2016 which got extended to 18 July 2016. However, the candidates may submit the application form until 30 August 2016. The KVPY funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, is a national level fellowship program for students looking for making a career in research Science. The KVPY 2016 examination will be held on 6 November 2016.
To know more information about the KVPY 2016 Application Form, Eligibility criteria, Important dates, Exam pattern, etc, continue reading the article below.
Important Dates for KVPY 2016
|Date of issue of the application form||18 July 2016|
|The last date for sale of the KVPY 2016 Application Form||30 August 2016|
|The last date for submitting online application form is||30 August 2016|
|Date of issue of the Admit Card||Second week of October 2016|
|Date of the KVPY Aptitude Test 2016||06 November 2016|
|Result declaration date||Third week of December 2016|
- He/She should be an Indian National.
- The following candidates will be eligible for KVPY who are pursuing or intend to pursue the following courses in Basic Sciences i.e B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biochemistry, Statistics, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Ecology, Zoology, Botany, Biotechnology, Physiology, Bioinformatics, Neurosciences, Geology, Marine Biology, Human Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Applied Physics, Materials Science, Geophysics or Environmental Science.
- For candidates belonging to SA Stream: Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2015-16 and having secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC / ST / PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board examination and 60% (50% for SC / ST / PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard / (+2) Board Examination.
- For candidates belonging to SX Stream: Students enrolled in XII Standard/ (+2) (Science subjects) during the academic year 2016–17 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. for the session 2017–18 provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination.
- For candidates belonging to SB Stream: Students enrolled in the 1st year of the undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. during the academic year 2016–17 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics) in the XII Standard Board Examination. In the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./M.S. they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship if awarded.
The candidates will have to fill the KVPY 2016 Application form online on the official website. The candidates will be able to read the detailed instructions for form filling on the official KVPY website. The candidates belonging to the general category will have to pay the application fee of Rs.1000/- and for candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD category, the payable amount is Rs.500
There are three steps to complete the application successfully:
- Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centre and uploading photo, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Payment of Application Fees.Please note that you must pay the fees only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done either by using a Credit Card/ATM-Debit Card/Net Banking or by downloading a Challan from the Application portal. No other means of payment will be accepted. Note: Once payment is successful and Application submitted no Refund will be done.
The IISC will issue the admit card to the candidates two weeks before the scheduled examination date. The candidates who have filled the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2016 application form online can download their admit cards from the official KVPY website. The candidates who have filled the hard copy of theKVPY application form will receive the admit card via speed post.
The KVPY 2016 examination will be conducted in both the offline paper-pen based examination and the online computer based mode. The students belonging to the SA stream will have to attempt a total 80 questions while the students of the SB/SX Stream will have to attempt a total of 120 questions. The KVPY has not prescribed any syllabus for the written examination as such. The KVPY questions will be aimed at understanding the analytical ability of students. The candidates should cover all the topics of Class X/XII/First Year Syllabus of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./M.S. as applicable.
The result for the KVPY 2016 examination is expected to declare in the third week of December. The successful candidates who have have been selected will have to undergo an interview round, The final result of the KVPY 2016 will be declared after the successful completion of both the examination.