GATE 2017 Application Form is to be filled by the aspirants who wish to appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017). The GATE 2017 Online Application Form has been made available from 01 September 2017. The last date for filling the GATE Application Form through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) was 10 October 2016. The registration windowhas now been closed. GATE 2017 is scheduled to be held on 04,05,11 and 12 February 2017 (including Saturday and Sunday).
GATE 2017 is being organised by the IIT Roorkee. Interestingly, candidates from foreign nationals are also invited to complete in the GATE 2017. The Application Form of GATE 2017 will be accepted solely via online mode. Aspirants are supposed to complete the whole application process including form filling, payment of fee via online only.
To grab the complete information about the GATE 2017 Application Form, go through the following write-up.
Details of the documents required to fill the GATE 2017 Application Form
Candidates who are interested in applying for the GATE 2017 examination should keep the following documents in hand while filling the GATE Application form.
- The candidate should have a good colour photograph with a light or white background. The photograph should be scanned in JPEG format of 3.5cm X 4.5cm. The candidate should make sure that the minimum and maximum resolution of the photograph should be 240 X 320 and 480 X 640 respectively.
- The candidate should also have a scanned copy of the signature in JPEG format of minimum resolution 80X20 and maximum resolution 160X150. The signature should be in black or dark blue ink only.
- The candidate who has completed their qualifying degree should be having the scanned copy of Degree Certificate/Course Completion Certificate in PDF format.
- The candidates who are appearing in the final year should be having a scanned copy of the Certificate issued by Principal/HODs in PDF format.
- The scanned copy of Caste/Category/Disability Certificate (if applicable) to be uploaded in the PDF format while filling the GATE 2017 Application Form.
- The candidate’s personal information and academic qualifications details.
- Valid ID proof.
- Debit Card/Credit Card number, Password, CVV Number or Net Banking Login and Password for candidates who would like to make payment of the requisite application fee via Credit/Debit Card or the net banking mode.
[color-box] GATE 2017 Application Form – Available Here [/color-box]
Steps to fill the GATE 2017 Application Form
- Registration – The Candidates will have to register for GATE 2017 by providing their name, mobile number and a valid email address. After the successful completion of registration , the candidates will receive an email containing GOAPS Enrolment ID. The candidates will have to use this application form for filling the GATE Application Form.
- Form Filling – Next, the candidates will have to fill the application form and submit the following details including the exam centres of their choice, photograph, signature and other necessary documents. The candidates can even ‘Save’ the information for partially filled information.
- Application Fee payment – The candidates will have to pay the application fee online or offline through Credit Card/Debit Card, offline payment can be done through an E-Challan of the SBI or Axis Bank. The application fee for General & OBC candidates is Rs. 1500/- and for SC/ST/PwD categories is Rs.750/-. After the successful payment, the candidates will receive a unique ‘Fee Payment Number’ to be saved by the applicant.
- Final submission of the GATE 2017 Application Form – After the successful submission of application form and application fee, candidates should verify all the details and confirm the details before the final submission. The candidates are not required to send any documents to the GATE office separately.